Join Our Team!
Have you always dreamed of becoming a professional organizer? You can!
theNeatNiche is always accepting applications to join our team of Organizing Specialists. This part-time position offers flexible hours, a comprehensive training program, and the opportunity to turn your dreams into reality.
Since 2010, theNeatNiche has been on a mission to serve those who struggle with overwhelm and frustration stemming from disorganization. We provide compassionate care, complete confidentiality, and we never judge. We are grateful for our strong reputation, and we thank our existing team members for our success.
become an organizing specialist!
- Visit clients at their homes and offices, and work in the field every week!
- Paid training: Our proprietary training program includes video modules and plenty of hands-on experience to get you ready for field work.
- Equipment provided: Graduate from our training program, and earn your organizing bag full of cool industry tools.
- Start earning as soon as you sign on! Your pay rate will increase as your experience grows. Our team members earn $15-30 per hour.
- Enjoy flexible hours: We’ll work with you to schedule around existing commitments.
- Connect with like-minded, supportive teammates both in the field and during team meetings and fun days!
life & stuff organizing
what does an organizing specialist do? (responsibilities)
- Arrive promptly at client appointments; meet and greet new and repeat organizing clients while setting the tone for the session
- Assess disorganized residential (and occasionally commercial) spaces to identify potential organizing solutions
- Create, communicate, and execute customized organizing action plans
- Sort disorganized chaos into clear categories
- Compassionately guide clients through the purging process
- Use observation and intuition to determine when to allow decisions to stand and when to push a little harder
- Encourage clients to rebook for additional sessions
- Consistently and accurately manage calendar availability
- Work with a wide variety of personality types
- Regularly lift 20-30 pounds; occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Willingly support other organizers and team members
To succeed in this fulfilling and rewarding role, you’ll need:
- A love of all things organized!
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Zero judgement
- A positive, solution-oriented mindset
- A compassionate spirit
- A genuine desire to serve and support others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (seriously – you’ll need ‘em)
- Willingness to learn, grow, and evolve both personally and professionally
- At least 9-12 hours of weekly availability, primarily between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Flexible evening and weekend availability is not required but is appreciated
- Knowledge of personality types is also a plus!
theNeatNiche is based in Richmond, Virginia. We serve Richmond, Henrico, Chesterfield, Glen Allen, Short Pump, Goochland, Hanover, Mechanicsville, Highland Springs, Chester, Iron Bridge, Colonial Heights, and Hopewell.
quiet your space.
quiet your mind.
quiet your life.
areas we serve
Located in Richmond, Virginia, our professional organizers serve RVA (including Henrico, Chesterfield, and the city of Richmond) and the surrounding areas, including Glen Allen, Short Pump, Goochland, Hanover, Mechanicsville, Highland Springs, Chester, Iron Bridge, Colonial Heights, and Hopewell. Don't see your area listed? We travel! Please get in touch.